Mount Kailash (6638m) is one of the holy mountains in South Asia, believed to be the abode of Hindu Lord Shiva. Mount Kailash can be considered as a center of four religions--Hindus, Buddhists, Jains and the followers of Bon Pa religion. However, Kailash receives only few pilgrims every year because of its remote location. For followers of Hindu religion, Mount Kailash is the place where Lord Shiva resides with his wife and Goddess Parvati along with other helpers. Likewise, Tibetans revere Mount Kailash as Kang Rimpoche (Paths of the Soul), while the followers of ancient Bon Pa religion take Kailash to be the soul of Tibet. Similarly, Mount Kailash is Mount Ashtapada for the followers of Jain religion as they believe their saint Rishabanatha achieved spiritual liberation at Mount Kailash.
Hindus believe that a single rotation around Mount Kailash will spiritually purify an individual by wiping off all their sins committed in their life. Also, a total of 108 circumambulations of Mount Kailash will break us free from the never ending cycle of life and death.
Our 11-day itinerary will take you to the reclusive lands of Mount Kailash where you will enjoy the mountain and the adjoining natural landscape. Lake Manasarovar is one of the high points of Kailash Mansarovar Yatra.
- Day 01:Drive from Kathmandu to Rasuwa Gadi to Kerung (2900m)
- Day 02:Rest day for altitude acclimatization in Kerung
- Day 03:Drive from Kerung to Dongba/Saga
- Day 04:Drive from Dongba/Saga to Lake Manasarovar
- Day 05:Afternoon drive from Lake Manasarovar to Darchen
- Day 06:Drive from Darchen to Diraphuk (4890m)
- Day 07:Trek from Diraphuk to Zuthulphuk (4790m)
- Day 08:Drive from Zuthulphuk to Dongba
- Day 09:Drive from Dongba back to Kerung (or Nyalam)
- Day 10:Drive from Kerung (or Nyalam) to Kathmandu
- Day 11:Departure transfer to Kathmandu airport
Hotel accommodations during the tour
- All days with Bed and Breakfast
- All required transportations and sightseeing as per above listed trip itinerary.
- Tibet visa, Entry permit, Kailash Parikarma entry fee
- Best available Hotel / Guest house including 2 nights parikarma
- English speaking Chinese guide
- Super Luxury Bus
- First aid, maps, etc.
- Holy Lake Manasarovar Parikarma Circuit
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu
- Tips for guides/porters
- Lunch and Dinner all the tour
- Personal expenses, beverage, cold drinks, phone call, etc.
- Rescue and emergency cost, medical and hospital expenses
- Travel insurance, personal riding horse, personal use porter, and international flight tickets.
DEPARTURE DATES FOR 2018-2019:
* FM - Full Moon
May 25 – FM
Jun 24 – FM
Jul 23 – FM
Aug 22 – FM
- Day 01Drive from Kathmandu to Rasuwa Gadi to Kerung (2900m) After breakfast, we drive to Rasuwa Gadi. After immigration and customs formalities on both sides (Nepal & China), we drive to the small town – Kerung. Overnight at guest house.
- Day 02Rest day for altitude acclimatization in KerungToday we relax and explore the small town of Kerung. Our guides will give you the lowdown on the sites and activities in the town. Overnight again at the guest house.
- Day 03Drive from Kerung to Dongba/Saga After breakfast, we have a long, but rewarding day of driving ahead of us. We drive 250km to Dongba/Saga. Enjoy grand views of Mt. Shishapangma (8021m), Gauri Shankar and other high mountains from Gurung La Pass (5050m) before arriving to Dongba.
- Day 04Drive from Dongba/Saga to Lake ManasarovarWe wake up and, have breakfast, and look forward to the scenic drive ahead of us.
We drive roughly 385km to Lake Manasarovar. It is a very auspicious day for all people, as we have our first glimpse of Holy Manasarovar with views of Mt. Kailash from Horchu Pass. Overnight stay at a lodge in Chhu Gompa, on the shore of Lake Manasarovar.
- Day 05Afternoon drive from Lake Manasarovar to DarchenWe will spend the morning and early afternoon relaxing around Lake Manasarovar. Visiting the abode of agod will be a lifetime achievement. You can have a Puja, Havana worship, Meditation, Holy bath, etc. here before we depart back to Darchen (30km). Overnight in a hotel in Darchen.
- Day 06Drive from Darchen to Diraphuk (4890m) After driving 18km, the Kora (circuit) begins. We drive another 10 km to reach Tarboche, where we trek upwards for about 4-5 hours to Diraphuk. Overnight stay at guest house.
- Day 07Trek from Diraphuk to Zuthulphuk (4790m)After breakfast, we prepare for our strenuous, yet very rewarding walk to Zuthulphuk.
In total, we trek about 22km, taking about 8-10 hours. This is the day every pilgrim talks about, as it is the most difficult day through out the trip. We trek up to Dolma La Pass (5600m), where we will offer some prayers, and descend to Zuthulphuk. Overnight in guest house here.
- Day 08Drive from Zuthulphuk to Dongba After breakfast, we will trek around 8 km. At this point our jeeps will be waiting to drive us further to Darchen, where the Parikarma Circuit ends. After Lunch we will drive to Dongba via Manasarovar Horchu. Overnight in guest house at Dongba.
- Day 09Drive from Dongba back to Kerung (or Nyalam)We head back to Kerung, retracing our steps and enjoying the scenery along the way. Overnight in guest house in Kerung.
- Day 10Drive from Kerung (or Nyalam) to KathmanduAfter breakfast, we head out of Kerung for Kathmandu. We'll take lunch along the way, and have a nice dinner in Kathmandu upon arrival. Overnight in hotel in Kathmandu.
- Day 11Departure transfer to Kathmandu airportWe will transport you to the airport. Thanks for trekking with Adventure Himalayan Travels. We look forward to seeing you again!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In case if any political moment and natural disaster problem, at that time you most to bear yourself extra additional all expenses (hotel and food).
Note- Regarding Kailash-Mansarovar
*Necessary to send your document(Scan copy of Passport) 30 days before.
- 30 days before departure date, INR 10,000 will be charged as Kailash Permite Process.
- 15 days before departure date, INR 25,000 will be charged as cancellation.
- Same days before departure date, 70 % will be charged as cancellation.
Passport/ official documents
6 Month Valid Passport with 6 passport size photographs
Medical Insurance Policy. (Not compulsory)
Our company will provide oxygen cylinder in emergency. Usually, oxygen cylinder is not required. However, some yatri prefer to carry their own handy oxygen cylinders. You may buy small portable cylinder in Tibet. It may cost approx. Yuan 20-30 Per cylinder.
Food during yatra
Our cooks will be traveling with you during the entire trip. Our Staff will carry all necessary cooking items and will provide Indian vegetarian food during yatra.
No, we do not have any age restrictions. If you are physically fit you may travel but sometime Chinese Authority do not permit for people aged 70 or above. We insist everyone to consult with their doctor and must mention that you are going to high altitude. Many of old aged people travelled with us and have successfully done the parikrama.